[gmpi] Re: OT: Dx [was Re: Revised Topic 7.1: Audio I/O]

  • From: "Ron Kuper" <ronkuper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 09:57:39 -0400

> you didn't get me Ron, i was generally speaking  about reliability of SDK.
> The fact is that even today , a big amount of plug-in are bugged , even if
> it's done by a Major company. Why  !? mainly because the SDK is not clear,
> The hosting is not clear, the different scenario are not strictly defined.
> It was on these points i wanted to see you particularly sensitive.

I agree, the SDKs aren't clear.  Microsoft's is pretty poor at defining how
hosting should work, and all the usage cases.  I personally didn't find the
VST SDK very helpful in those cases either, but maybe that's just me.

I tried to give more information in the DXi SDK, since it acts as a kind of
abstraction layer on top of DX.  Putting a sample host application in there
was supposed to be a step in the right direction.

But that's all behind us now. :-)  GMPI will be perfectly defined for both
the host and plugin.  Ahem.