[gha] Re: GLOBAL PEACE SCIENCE: Discussion of two key chapters to May 23. Ethics of scholar and peacemaker is incompatible with silence as disrespect.

  • From: "Stephen Gill" <stephengillgazette@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 01:23:28 -0400

Hi Leo, GHA members and GPS authors:

I read the comments by Maria Cristina Azcona which have encouraged me to
address the GHA members for the first time. Like Maria Azcona I am also a
follower of Jesus and Jesus is the prince of peace and I believe that where
there is peace there is physical as well as non-physical prosperities, Being a
psychologist, Maria Azcona is aware of the positive force of love.  I have
elaborated this area in my novel The Coexistence and other short fiction.

            I believe that love and peace walk side by side. I also believe
that where there is no love, there is no peace and where there is no peace,
there is no progress, there is no prosperity and there is no meaning in living.
From my various writings, please allow me to quote a few lines from my novel
The Coexistence, page 279, which is a blueprint to live and let live:

Absence of love results in physical and psychological ailments.  The
self-surrounding cells of egoism display the nudity of modern savagery, and
savagery can be treated with love. A person is born to love and to receive
love. Love is the binding force for families, planets, every atom and every
part of every individual. Love is the thread that unites humans and non-humans
at every level. Life disintegrates where the rays of love do not reach.  When
the waves of the ocean fuse, they drive their energy from eternity.   Love is
the spark of eternity, and eternity is not born in time. Trusting love is
trusting the arms of mother that are without strings.  Abuse of love is the
rape that is the reckless disregard of the trust, ending in the demise of
relationships to become a sepulcher of emptiness.   Love is the absence of the
dust of self desire, and self desire uproots serenity to seduce infirmities.
Love is the language of God and God is peace.

            Dear members, I do not want to open a Pondara’s Box by criticizing
the predecessors of Christ. I have my deep admiration for them for showing a
path for non-violence.  They were against killing, but Christ went a step
ahead. It is clearly discussed in my fiction the Chhattisgarh Series,
particulary the chapters relating to Kalpna. The Chhattisgarh Series is
available free on most search engines.

Stephen Gill

www.stephengillcriticism.info

www.stephengill.ca