[ggcsquicksig] Re: big trouble reconciling

  • From: "Irma " <irmbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 19:20:05 -0700

Thank you Babette, Dick, and Elizabeth very, very much for your comments. I
appreciate not only the instructions, but the understanding that these types
of problems have arisen for some of you as well, or that you don't even
download the transactions. I will study your suggestions and hopefully be
able to act on some of them. I have already compared my Q transactions
carefully with the bank's transactions, but I will go through them again.
My bank made a change recently in how it displays them-instead of all being
listed in one continuous list I now need to click either recent
transactions, recent statement, or previous statement. This sounds like it
shouldn't present a problem, but coincidentally my problems started around
the time they made that change.

I did decide to try to reconcile to the paper statement, but Quicken won't
accept my editing of the correct statement balance or the ending date, so I
can't do it. Is there something I can do to get it to allow me to put in the
correct balance and ending date? The feature to balance to the online
statement doesn't seem to work either, but I'd rather not use that, anyway.

I've already once allowed quicken to make an adjustment-about a month ago.
That worked fine for a short time-the following balance was zero, but then
the problem started up anew.

I will look into all of this in the coming week and will get back to you,
hopefully with good results, or maybe with more questions.

Thank you, and may you all enjoy this weekend.

Irma