[ggcsquicksig] Re: big trouble reconciling

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "VISTAPAY@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 17:09:47 -0400

These problems have occurred to me, too. That is why I never use the bank
downloads and manually make the additions-in all of my accounts and credit
cards.

I use the reconciliation function to prove the bank vs. my statements and
have found mistakes on both sides.

If you do this when you make transactions on a daily-or frequent-timing,
it removes the doubts and brings you closer to your finances.

It works for me, but probably not for everybody.

Dick

You have to take the cards that life deals you--you can't always choose
your cards-June Fowler

In a message dated 4/3/2015 5:12:56 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
symphony313@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Holy sardines, Irma's problem scares me.

____________________________________
From: irmbo@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ggcsquicksig] big trouble reconciling
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 15:48:05 -0700

Hi Babette,
(I realize the timing of this request for help is not good, being that
this is a holiday weekend.)
I’m having an awful time reconciling my visa account in Quicken 2014.
Usually when I finish downloading there are no outstanding charges. However,
now nothing balances. I found a few transactions that hadn’t downloaded,
so I went back to the bank list of transactions and downloaded the missing
items. They are now successfully downloaded but are designated as cleared,
as opposed to reconciled (from January—this problem has been building
since then). With each one the difference between the cleared balance and
the
statement balance got larger. The difference is now $1000.
A couple of transactions were duplicates. This surprised me, because
generally a transaction only downloads once. I deleted the duplicates.
When I open the Reconcile Online Account tab it doesn’t allow me to put in
the March ending balance—instead it has a fixed amount that is supposedly
my current ending balance.
Should I reconcile it with the online balance?
Thanks,
Irma

=