[ggcsquicksig] Re: big trouble reconciling

  • From: Mozart Beethoven <symphony313@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 17:12:51 -0700

Holy sardines, Irma's problem scares me.

From: irmbo@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ggcsquicksig] big trouble reconciling
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 15:48:05 -0700

Hi Babette, (I realize the timing of this request for help is not good, being
that this is a holiday weekend.) I’m having an awful time reconciling my visa
account in Quicken 2014. Usually when I finish downloading there are no
outstanding charges. However, now nothing balances. I found a few
transactions that hadn’t downloaded, so I went back to the bank list of
transactions and downloaded the missing items. They are now successfully
downloaded but are designated as cleared, as opposed to reconciled (from
January—this problem has been building since then). With each one the
difference between the cleared balance and the statement balance got larger.
The difference is now $1000. A couple of transactions were duplicates. This
surprised me, because generally a transaction only downloads once. I deleted
the duplicates.When I open the Reconcile Online Account tab it doesn’t allow me
to put in the March ending balance—instead it has a fixed amount that is
supposedly my current ending balance.Should I reconcile it with the online
balance? Thanks,Irma