[GeoStL] Re: Visiting Branson!!!

  • From: "showme69" <showme69@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:22:46 -0500

-
Mike,
There's also a pretty good restaurant in Branson with a large fiberglass
bull out front (can't recall the name)  where the ripped off Lambert's and
throw the bread at you. Food is good and it's located on Hwy. 165, right
where Fall Creek Road comes out.

If you're going into Arkansas, there's one that's a long drive, takes you
back up into MO on the south side of Table Rock Lake. You can see the Hwy.
86 bridge from the cache area.  By boat from the bridge it would be very
quick trip but the drive takes awhile. GC # GCMW6R

I met the owners of the Locksmith shop when I found the one Rich mentioned
but they were closed at the time and were loading up their bikes to head for
a trail ride.  I didn't realize they had the photos in the shop.  I'll have
to check that out sometime.  Here's the number for it if you don't already
have it.  GC8E7

Another cache just south of Branson in Hollister with a lot of steps is
GCQQ2E.  I had some trouble finding it at first and was looking too high as
some earlier folks had done.  The owner updated his coordinates with the
ones I listed.   Some logs since then also say the coordinates are way off.
I think it's just a tricky place to get a good fix with the GPS. You'll see
why if you do it.
Have a fun and safe trip.
Gale