[GeoStL] Re: SLAGA TB Race

  • From: "Steve Bromley" <bromley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:22:29 -0500

   hmmessage P {     PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px;
PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px }
BODY.hmmessage {     FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma }
 As long as you log it  into a cache overthere somewhere,
yep, I'm in.  I'll split the prize with  you if I win....

 From: Laurie    Elfrank
 Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:09:58    -0500

 Mike, I'm not familiar with stargates. If they
transport travelbugs through the mail, then I would say no.
The racers    have to be escorted by a geocacher at all
times.    :)

 -Laurie

             From: griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:29:41 -0500

           ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P
{padding-right:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-bottom:0px
;padding-top:0px;} .ExternalClass BODY.EC_hmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}      Can we use
stargates???? There are several in the US.      Kansas and
Texas have one. They transport TBs to another stargate at
the      owners expense. Crazy way to get miles!!

     Mike

                         Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:41:16
-0500
 From: jemertz@xxxxxxxxx
 To : geocaching@freelists         org

 So you can't hold          or hide other entrants, but I
see no rule stating I can't hold or move          my own
entrant. Is it safe to assume that this would be considered
        fair?

 -Jon

         On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Laurie Elfrank
      <  lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx >          wrote:
                    I'm glad you            asked...Here are
the race rules from the Spring Picnic cache page
(GC18VM4):

 TRAVELBUG            RACE RULES
 All Travel Bugs to be entered in the race            must
be new; that is, they must not have been dropped into any
cache            prior to the 2008 SLAGA Spring Picnic Event
cache , so they will all            have the picnic as a
common starting point. Geocoins can be entered in
the race and will be treated as Travel Bugs.
 All            racing TBs and Geocoins (Entrants) should be
dropped into the 2008            SLAGA Spring Picnic cache
page prior to May 3rd. You can            have as many
Entrants as you like. There WILL NOT be travel bug
 tags available at the picnic. Tags can be purchased at
Groundspeak.com. A            limited number of tags can
also be purchased for $6.00 each before the            event
by contacting JC_Geo, Wheelinb, or L Frank.
 All Entrants            MUST be turned into the Travel Bug
Race box at the Spring            Picnic no later than 1:00
PM. Don't take them to the travel bug            trading
table.
 Volunteers wanting to pick up race Entrants should
  sign in with TB race coordinators (JC_Geo and wheelinb) by
2:30 PM.            Preference will be given to volunteers
who do not have an Entrant in            the race. At 3:30,
all Entrants will be distributed to the volunteers
 who have agreed to move them to their first cache.
 Owners of the            Entrants in the race are expected
to show good sportsmanship with            regard to other
Entrants. This means that if you find another
TB/Geocoin which is entered in the race, you will take no
action that            will unreasonably hinder the
Entrant's mov ement. This includes, but            is not
limited to, picking up and holding the Entrant or placing it
in            an exceptionally difficult or rarely visited
cache.
 The race will            end on December 1, 2008. The
standings will be posted on the SLAGA web            page
(www.geostl.com) approximately monthly, and at the
 end of the race.
 There is a $2.00 fee per Entrant that will be used
  for the prizes. The more Entrants racing, the larger the
prizes.
           Prizes to be awarded at SLAGA Christmas Party.
 Entrant            which logs the most miles. TB/coin must
still be active at end of            race.
 Entrant which logs the least miles. TB/coin must still be
         active at end of race.
 First Entrant to go MIA.

                                     Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008
11:21:14 -0500
 From: jemertz@xxxxxxxxx
 To : geocaching@freelists             org

 What are the race rules?

             On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Laurie Elfrank
<  lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx >              wrote:
                            Hey All, don't forget to order
travelbug dogtags if you need                'em for the
SLAGA Travelbug Race. The race  will start at the
    Spring Picnic on May 3. Your tags will need to be
activated and                attached to your racers when
you bring  them to the picnic.                The entry fee
is $2 per racer, and it is open to all previously
    uncirculated TBs and geocoins. Prizes for the winners
will be                awarded at this year's Christmas
Party.

 -Laurie                (Denmother)

                              Windows Live Hotmail is giving
away Zunes. Enter for your chance to              win.

                          Watch "Cause Effect," a show about
real people making a real              difference. Learn
   more.

              In a rush? Get real-time answers with Windows
Live Messenger.
      Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes. Enter for
your chance to win.
 Steve
 Checked by AVG.
Date: 3/25/2008    10:26 AM