[GeoStL] Re: SLAGA TB Race

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:29:41 -0500

Can we use stargates???? There are several in the US. Kansas and Texas have
one. They transport TBs to another stargate at the owners expense. Crazy way to
get miles!!

Mike

    Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:41:16 -0500
    From: jemertz@xxxxxxxxx
    To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    So you can't hold or hide other entrants, but I see no rule stating I can't
hold or move my own entrant. Is it safe to assume that this would be considered
fair?

    -Jon

    On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Laurie Elfrank <lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

      I'm glad you asked...Here are the race rules from the Spring Picnic cache
page (GC18VM4):

      TRAVELBUG RACE RULES
      All Travel Bugs to be entered in the race must be new; that is, they must
not have been dropped into any cache prior to the 2008 SLAGA Spring Picnic
Event cache, so they will all have the picnic as a common starting point.
Geocoins can be entered in the race and will be treated as Travel Bugs.
      All racing TBs and Geocoins (Entrants) should be dropped into the 2008
SLAGA Spring Picnic cache page prior to May 3rd. You can have as many Entrants
as you like. There WILL NOT be travel bug tags available at the picnic. Tags
can be purchased at Groundspeak.com. A limited number of tags can also be
purchased for $6.00 each before the event by contacting JC_Geo, Wheelinb, or L
Frank.
      All Entrants MUST be turned into the Travel Bug Race box at the Spring
Picnic no later than 1:00 PM. Don't take them to the travel bug trading table.
      Volunteers wanting to pick up race Entrants should sign in with TB race
coordinators (JC_Geo and wheelinb) by 2:30 PM. Preference will be given to
volunteers who do not have an Entrant in the race. At 3:30, all Entrants will
be distributed to the volunteers who have agreed to move them to their first
cache.
      Owners of the Entrants in the race are expected to show good
sportsmanship with regard to other Entrants. This means that if you find
another TB/Geocoin which is entered in the race, you will take no action that
will unreasonably hinder the Entrant's movement. This includes, but is not
limited to, picking up and holding the Entrant or placing it in an
exceptionally difficult or rarely visited cache.
      The race will end on December 1, 2008. The standings will be posted on
the SLAGA web page (www.geostl.com) approximately monthly, and at the end of
the race.
      There is a $2.00 fee per Entrant that will be used for the prizes. The
more Entrants racing, the larger the prizes.

      Prizes to be awarded at SLAGA Christmas Party.
      Entrant which logs the most miles. TB/coin must still be active at end of
race.
      Entrant which logs the least miles. TB/coin must still be active at end
of race.
      First Entrant to go MIA.

        Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:21:14 -0500
        From: jemertz@xxxxxxxxx
        To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        What are the race rules?

        On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Laurie Elfrank
<lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

          Hey All, don't forget to order travelbug dogtags if you need 'em for
the SLAGA Travelbug Race. The race will start at the Spring Picnic on May 3.
Your tags will need to be activated and attached to your racers when you bring
them to the picnic. The entry fee is $2 per racer, and it is open to all
previously uncirculated TBs and geocoins. Prizes for the winners will be
awarded at this year's Christmas Party.

          -Laurie (Denmother)

          Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes. Enter for your chance to
win.

      Watch "Cause Effect," a show about real people making a real difference.
Learn more.