[GeoStL] Re: SLAGA TB Race

  • From: "Steve Bromley" <bromley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:19:22 -0500

   hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage {
FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma }   Additionally, if a
cacher were going  to spend the summer in Canada or Mexico
or traveling the country, then they  could take their bug
with them and rack up a lot of miles.  I'm not sure if
that's against the rules.  I "could" pay someone to take my
bug on vacation  and rack up the miles on it.  I could
"split the prize" with the  person....   Any takers?  :)

   From: griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:29:41 -0500

      ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P
{padding-right:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-bottom:0px
;padding-top:0px;} .ExternalClass BODY.EC_hmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}  Can we use
stargates???? There are several in the US. Kansas and Texas
have one. They transport TBs to another stargate at the
owners expense. Crazy way to get miles!!

 Mike

    Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:41:16 -0500
 From: jemertz@xxxxxxxxx
 To : geocaching@freelists .org

 So you can't hold or hide other entrants, but I see no rule
stating I can't hold or move my own entrant. Is it safe to
assume that this would be considered fair?

 -Jon

  On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Laurie Elfrank <
lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
   I'm glad you asked...Here are the race rules from the
Spring Picnic cache page (GC18VM4):

 TRAVELBUG RACE RULES
 All Travel Bugs to be entered in the race must be new; that
is, they must not have been dropped into any cache prior to
the 2008 SLAGA Spring Picnic Event cache, so they will all
have the picnic as a common starting point. Geocoins can be
entered in the race and will be treated as Travel Bugs.
 All racing TBs and Geocoins (Entrants) should be dropped
into the 2008 SLAGA Spring Picnic cache page prior to May
3rd. You can have as many Entrants as you like. There WILL
NOT be travel bug tags available at the picnic. Tags can be
purchased at Groundspeak.com. A  limited number of tags can
also be purchased for $6.00 each before the event by
contacting JC_Geo, Wheelinb, or L Frank.
 All Entrants MUST be turned into the Travel Bug Race box at
the Spring Picnic no later than 1:00 PM. Don't take them to
the travel bug trading table.
 Volunteers wanting to pick up race Entrants should sign in
with TB race coordinators (JC_Geo and wheelinb) by 2:30 PM.
Preference will be given to volunteers who do not have an
Entrant in the race. At 3:30, all Entrants will be
distributed to the volunteers who have agreed to move them
to their first cache.
 Owners of the Entrants in the race are expected to show
good sportsmanship with regard to other Entrants. This means
that if you find another TB/Geocoin which is entered in the
race, you will take no action that will unreasonably hinder
the Entrant's mov ement. This includes, but is not limited
to, picking up and holding the Entrant or placing it in an
exceptionally difficult or rarely visited cache.
 The race will end on December 1, 2008. The standings will
be posted on the SLAGA web page (www.geostl.com)
approximately monthly, and at the end of the race.
 There is a $2.00 fee per Entrant that will be used for the
prizes. The more Entrants racing, the larger the prizes.
  Prizes to be awarded at SLAGA Christmas Party.
 Entrant which logs the most miles. TB/coin must still be
active at end of race.
 Entrant which logs the least miles. TB/coin must still be
active at end of race.
 First Entrant to go MIA.

    Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:21:14 -0500
 From: jemertz@xxxxxxxxx
 To : geocaching@freelists org

 What are the race rules?

  On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Laurie Elfrank <
lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
   Hey All, don't forget to order travelbug dogtags if you
need 'em for the SLAGA Travelbug Race. The race  will start
at the Spring Picnic on May 3. Your tags will need to be
activated and attached to your racers when you bring them to
the picnic. The entry fee is $2 per racer, and it is open to
all previously uncirculated TBs and geocoins. Prizes for the
winners will be awarded at this year's Christmas Party.

 -Laurie (Denmother)

  Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes. Enter for your
chance to win.

   Watch "Cause Effect," a show about real people making a
real difference. Learn more.

  In a rush? Get real-time answers with Windows Live
Messenger. Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes.  Enter
for your chance to win.

Steve