[GeoStL] Re: OT? Resource for determining when it gets "Dark"?

  • From: "tnands" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 18:07:24 -0500

I haven't had a chance to read anything anywhere today --so I'm not sure what
you're talking about.  I suppose I could go look though huh?

This is the first time the city has tried this. Tom's (that's the man who lives
in this house) on the youth commission and it was his idea; therefore it means
*I* get to do some  (some??) of the grunt work.   We're not sure how many
volunteers there will be (did someone say Andrew??? ) to help with other things
(mainly concessions, kid control, passing out flyers for the sponsors etc) so
for the first one they're using Frontyard Features to provide the screen and
sound and run the movie.

The hunting reference is a great point.  Although, to me, it does seem that
time of year may play into it -- because doesn't it seem as though it gets
darker faster in the winter than in the spring and summer.  Not that this is
relevant to anything of course -- but during deer season, it seems that dark
comes faster at official sunset.

Nancy