[GeoStL] Re: OT? Resource for determining when it gets "Dark"?

  • From: "Andrew Senger" <asenger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:14:11 -0500

-
I love how I was thrown into the conversation without even saying a
word.  :D  (At least, I'm the only Andrew on the group... I think.)

My idea would be to start the event at 7:30, with the movie starting
when it seems appropriate (maybe have "advertisements" running on the
screen, and when the majority of people say "Oooohhhhhh.... that's a
*McDonald's* commercial," you know it's dark enough).

Or, for a better idea, check the times some of the events happened at
"dark" last year and compare the time with sunset.

Someone mentioned earlier that it "seemed" that winter darkness came
quicker than summer.  That would make sense... to me, at least.  Since
the sun is moving at a lower angle, it will "drop" faster.  Now, I'm
not an astronomer (or even a collage graduate), so I could be way off
base.

As it is, I will check our plans for that evening (I'm probably
working), and will come if we can.  I can't volunteer this year, as
life is just too busy at the moment.

Andrew Senger
asenger@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.yawetag.net
"I can't win anything. In fact, if you look up 'loser' in the
dictionary, you'll see someone else's photo!" --Andrew Senger