[GeoStL] Re: NGR Mushroom

  • From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 19:53:04 -0700 (PDT)

Good deal...

Last fall I found a honey hole area and I picked about 30 pounds of them to dry
for the winter. They reconstitute well and are great in various dishes. When
using fresh, I sauteé them in some olive oil or sometimes stuff the larger
caps.

The great thing about oyster mushrooms is that there's pretty much nothing that
looks like them that will hurt you. Given the right conditions they grow all
year around.