[GeoStL] Re: GPS Unit for my dad

  • From: Susan Ring <susanmring@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:56:43 -0500

-
I have the Garmin 62s, which replaced the Garmin 60 series.  It's paperless,
easy to use (it has to be for me!) the screen is pretty easy to read even with
bad vision like mine, and you can download caches directly from GC.com if you
want.   I've been really happy with it. You can get it with a camera or some
other upgrade that I can't remember now.

Susan

On May 14, 2012, at 9:13 PM, Steve Stewart wrote:

> My dad is 72 years old and has gone geocaching with me several times.  He has
> decided to start geocaching on his own.  He does not want to get a cell phone
> that can use an app.  So I need to get one of the old style hand held units.
> I am looking for a unit that is fairly easy to use and is paperless.  I have
> an Oregon 200 and I am happy with it but it seems to be outdated now.  I
> would appreciate any recommendations you might have.  I am not looking for
> the cheapest or the most expensive but one that he will be happy with.
> Thanks for your help
>
> Stewy1966
> Steve

from this