[GeoStL] Re: GPS Unit for my dad

  • From: Bob TheCacher <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:49:03 -0500

Go with the Garmin 60CSx or its successor would be my advise.  Easy to use and
very accurate.  I have two of them (one for each hand)Bob
 Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:13:30 -0500
Subject: [GeoStL] GPS Unit for my dad
From: magsmatts@xxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My dad is 72 years old and has gone geocaching with me several times.  He has
decided to start geocaching on his own.  He does not want to get a cell phone
that can use an app.  So I need to get one of the old style hand held units.  I
am looking for a unit that is fairly easy to use and is paperless.  I have an
Oregon 200 and I am happy with it but it seems to be outdated now.  I would
appreciate any recommendations you might have.  I am not looking for the
cheapest or the most expensive but one that he will be happy with.  Thanks for
your help
 Stewy1966Steve