[GeoStL] Re: GPS Unit for my dad

  • From: Laurie Elfrank <mogamoga2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocaching Newsgroup <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 22:44:50 -0500

The 60csx is probably the best geocaching gps because of the antenna.  The
problem is it is out dated and is not paperless.  The replacement is the 62csx
which is paperless and has the same antenna.  It is costly and only holds 2000
geocaches.  If you want the best, this would be the unit to look at.  I have a
Magellan Explorist GC that I am not using, because I have upgraded to the
Explorist 710.  This is the cheapest paperless unit on the market today.  It
has the same antenna as your Oregon, and it will hold 10,000 geocaches maximum.
 It is supported be Geocaching.com and will load geocaches into it right from
the computer, as will the 62csx.  If you would like, I will let you use it to
see if he likes it.  If not, you're not out anything.  Just let me know, and we
can set something up.

John

Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:13:30 -0500
Subject: [GeoStL] GPS Unit for my dad
From: magsmatts@xxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My dad is 72 years old and has gone geocaching with me several times.  He has
decided to start geocaching on his own.  He does not want to get a cell phone
that can use an app.  So I need to get one of the old style hand held units.  I
am looking for a unit that is fairly easy to use and is paperless.  I have an
Oregon 200 and I am happy with it but it seems to be outdated now.  I would
appreciate any recommendations you might have.  I am not looking for the
cheapest or the most expensive but one that he will be happy with.  Thanks for
your help
 Stewy1966Steve