[GeoStL] Re: Flooding in northeast MO

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:40:59 -0500

Thanks Jim for the info. The person I taught with out at Philmont makes his own
maps and owns a company called Timely Topos. He had a laptop device that was
around 20K and had a GPS built in. He could strap the laptop around his waist
and neck and walk around clicking things as he went to make a custom topo. It
was very cool!

I will check out the site. I use the topos you made for Mark Twain all the time
in ExpertGPS.

Mike