[GeoStL] Re: Favorite Caches

  • From: "Barbara Hunt" <barbarastl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:24:50 -0400

-
Mike,

The categories sounds like a great idea. For instance, "Darryl and Darryl" is one of my all-time favorites, mostly because of the wonderful experience. However, I'd hestitate at listing it on the top of an overall "best" list for newcomers or out-of-towners because of the difficulty rating and the time involved.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think that I'd recommend more caches if there were more categories.

Barbara

I was also thinking of a catagory list..

Best Cache greater than 3 miles from Parking
Best Cache in an Urban Park
Best Cache in a County Park
Best Puzzle Cache
Best Micro
Best Cache with a View
Hardest Cache
Most Kid Friendly
Most Unusual Cache

It's just hard getting 10 people to nominate caches.. Much less, 40 or 50
caches... :-(
I would love to keep a list like we talked about a couple of meetings ago.
Where we can publish the list on the web site for out-of-towners so they can
find the Best of St. Louis Area Caches.

I dunno, we can sure complain about caches but we can't recommend any?? :-)

Mike