[GeoStL] Re: Caching and Dinner at Pennies BBQ

  • From: Tom <lobocs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 07:14:14 -0700 (PDT)

I also want to thank you Dan for suggesting and organizing this outing, and
everyone who attended. It was my first meetup with fellow SLAGA cachers and the
group caching was great. Thank you Jack (pandyandy) for your support and hints
during the hunt. "Little Cat" is definitely competitive...but I think the guys
were holding back a little, also. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to
it.

  I would like to see a regular monthly (or bi-monthly) "Meet & Greet" event
which can be set up as a published event on GC.com, so that all SLAGA members,
and even cachers who are visiting the area, can see it. Not everyone is on this
freelist (I wasn't until a few weeks ago), so if it gets published as an event,
they will hopefully see it when viewing nearby caches.

  Laura, if you want to take and run with the next one on the east-side in the
latter part of August, Team S.A.G.E. (yawetag & Lobocs) will look into doing
one on the north-side in Sept/Oct (working it around the Fall picnic
timeframe). Dan said that the best days for him would be Monday or Tuesday
currently with his work schedule. Any evening is good for Andrew and me.

  It will be interesting to see the pictures, Dan. I don't think we knew when
you were taking most of them. Thanks again for getting this going.

Tom (Lobocs)
Laura Million <lmillio@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
        Thanks Dan for organizing it. It was a blast. I really do like these
group hunts. I get frustrated when I can?t find a cache. The ?Little cat? likes
the competition especially against the men. Makes her feel good to ?beat? the
men to the cache. I don?t know where she gets that from.

  I will plan something for the east side (Edwardsville/Glen Carbon) if you all
don?t mind coming out here. It may be a few weeks since I am going to be out of
town for the next week and a half. I?m looking at later August.

    Laura Million
  2_cats