[GeoStL] Re: Additional Waypoints on Cache pages.

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:53:57 -0500

-
A good example of why this is important:

I was caching one time in Rolla and unbeknown to me there was a final of a
multi on the back of a cabin and the start of another on the front.  I was
looking for the one on the front (i.e., the beginning of a multi) and I
found the one on the back of the cabin that was the final of another cache.
(The two points were about 30 feet apart.)  I thought it was a bit strange
to find a final when I was looking for the first part.  I figured the cache
had been converted from a multi to a single without changing the cache page.
I did not figure out what happened until I did the cache that had the final
on the back of the cabin and ended up at the cabin again.

I also remember one time when I had an issue with another waypoint in Forest
Park for my fake dog feces cache. (That was a fun cache particularly the
emails I got like "That was a really crappy cache."  I still won't shake
Mean Gene's hand since he picked it right up without checking it out with a
stick)   But Glenn worked with me and I was able to keep the location as I
gave very specific and clear directions on the area it was in.

What would be nice for areas with lots of waypoints would be a file of
proximity waypoints or POIs that would alert you when you are too close.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"