[gameprogrammer] Re: subscript out of range?

  • From: "Chris Schnurr" <chris.schnurr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:21:25 -0000

Hi!

Check your code. VB is a little inconsistent with its array use:-

dim MyArray(10) as string

actually gives you an 11 item array, items 0 -> 11.

Sometimes VB starts at zero, sometimes it starts at 1. Have you tried
stepping through the code? VB has quite a good Debugging tool that allows
you to visually see what its doing step by step. I'd be happy to help you
out on VB usage if you are still stuck.

[sarcasm]
note to everyone else: Let's start a flame war on why not to use VB in game
programming.
[/sarcasm]

:)

regards,