[gameprogrammer] Randomly generated tile-based background

  • From: "MyName" <tg777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:47:27 -0700

Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie, and doing a small side-scrolling aircraft shooting game. I want
this game to have a dynamic tile-based background that just likes in a
traditional arcade shooting game except it is random generated at run time . So
the background will always look different when scrolling. Does anyone know
where I can get information about the algorithm for randomly generating a
tile-based background? Are there any good tools/utilities out there for
designing tiles for this purpose?

 Thanks a lot,

 Douglas Chen