[gameprogrammer] Re: My game

  • From: Neil Griffiths <neil_gameprogrammer.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kevin Jenkins <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:51:56 +0100

Hi,

KJ> This is my game coming out in 2 weeks.  I did the AI and civilian system.
KJ> http://www.atari.com/gettingup/

KJ> Dunno if anyone cares :)

Looks cool - hope you didn't have much crunch!

The Movies (http://www.themoviesgame.com/) is a game I've been working
on for the past couple of months - all over the place, really, but mainly
on the 3D side and on '98 issues. Oh, optimisation too. I got dropped on
the project at the last minute to help meet deadlines. :)

But I just finished working on Black Hawk Down for the Xbox
(http://www.blackhawkdownthegame.com/) where I was responsible for all
the network code and multiplayer gameplay. I'm the guy who got the
first 50+ player game on the Xbox (and, I guess, any console really!).
That was a very small team (only 4 coders for over half the project!),
so we all ended up working all over the place - but we tried to stay
in our assigned areas as much as possible!

I helped out on Fable: TLC (http://www.microsoft.com/games/fable/)
right at the end - but this was more in terms of offering advice on
tracking down memory bugs. I don't actually know if I'm credited in
this - but I did so little that I wouldn't be upset if I wasn't!

I've got a couple more games that I've worked on, but these are the
most recent that have (or are about to!) hit the shelves. :)

Unfortunately I've been working far too many hours for the past year
or so which has kept me from contributing to this mailing list - but I
used to write now and again. I'll make an effort to try more in future
when I can help out!

Neil