[gameprogrammer] Re: fgfgjhf

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:12:51 -0500

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 19:26 -0400, Mike Gillissie wrote:
> I thought he was suggesting a new keyboard control scheme for Anom's Night
> Raid... :)
> -Mike

Ok, I needed a good laugh! But, anyway, I want to welcome all new
members, even ones who send out messages titled fgfgjhf.

Man what a time we are having. I live in Central Texas, Texas is
currently home to 373,000 evacuees from New Orleans and the rest of the
gulf coast. Many of those poor folks are being moved farther north so we
have space for the million plus evacuees who are trying to get out of
the way of Hurricane Rita which is expected to roll right over Houston.
Houston is about 190 miles southeast of where I am. The north bound
roads are packed. Gas is in short supply. As a result of Hurricanes
Katrina and Rita 70+ percent of the refineries in the US are shut down.

There has got to be a game plot in there somewhere. Anyone know a flight
simulator that simulates flying through a Hurricane? How about
"GT-submerged" where you get to loot a sunken city while evading police
in your mini-sub? Or, "Escape from Houston" where you have to get around
roads packed with cars and find gas, food, and water anyway you can.
Lots of real Mad Max possibilities. I know I am not being at all PC
here... But seriously, recent events have to provide ideas for a lot of
new games.

                Bob Pendleton