[gameprogrammer] Re: Interesting commentary for independent game developers

  • From: Kevin Jenkins <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:29:56 -0800

Congrats on your own company.  I think you need to find a good 3D
modeler and texture artist based on the models I saw.

I'm not even going to go the 3D route at all because it requires a huge
amount of work compared to 2D.  Most likely I would do a 2D tiled RPG
with passable graphics and surpassing gameplay.  But that is in the far
future - when I am financially secure to risk not working for 6 months
to try that out.  For now it's the 9 to 5 grind for me.