[gameprogrammer] Re: Interesting commentary for independent game developers

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:04:59 -0600

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 15:34 -0700, Ken Johnson wrote:
> What an excellent read. I doubt you will see that posted on gamespy.

Yeah... I think one of the most important things I took away from it was
the somewhat hidden message that there are a lot of different kinds of
people in the world and they aren't getting what they want from the big
name game publisher and developers. Until I read that article I would
have had a hard time believing there is still a market for MUD style
games.

I know a lot of people who are absolutely bored by any sort of video
game they have ever seen. Over the last 5 or 6 years only a couple of
games (versions of Sim City) have been interesting enough to me to spend
more than a few minutes playing them. Seriously, I am bored with most
games before I get through the set up page.

                Bob Pendleton