Re: request help with FTC

  • From: Roger Clary <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 15:29:25 -0400

On Aug 3, 2012, at 3:13 PM, Jym Morton wrote:

> I forget how to do it, you need to walk through the method to see how
> True did it, I think it's SetInsert or something like that.  Just go
> to moveCaretToBeginning and see how to do it with a different place.

It uses setInsertionPoint which takes arguments FTInsertionOffset and
calculateOffset As boolean, neither of which I have a foggy notion how to
calculate or what they do.

Jym, I sincerely appreciate your attempts to help me get up to speed. At this
point, I'm thinking that I bought this class to expedite my development, not to
add weeks and weeks of learning to use in an elementary way. I think my plan
will be to go ahead with my program without the FTC and see if Bob comes up
with some tutorials in the next month or so. If not, I can sell the license.

Thanks once again for your help.

Roger Clary
Class One Software
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx