Re: request help with FTC

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 18:25:29 -0500

Roger Clary wrote:
> Using doc, which is an instance of the FTDocument class, I can do
> doc.setRTF(s) but that clears the display and shows only what was
> in the last "s".

The set methods will clear the document. Is that what you want?
Otherwise use the insert methods.

> If I try doc.insertRTF(s) the compiler complains, "no such method"
> I have been successful with mainTA.insertRTF(s) where mainTA is an
> instance of the FormattedTExt class, but all of the insertion
> point methods seem to belong to the FTDocument class.

At the FTDocument level it is called insertRTFString.

> Calling mainTA.insertRTF(s) and THEN doc.moveInsertionPoint seems
> to have no effect.

To be specific, you should call doc.moveInsertionPointToEnd before
you insert (assuming you are appending the text to the end).

> My biggest challenge will be to display Matching questions which
> need questions in column A and answers in column B approx. halfway
> across the page. I have made no progress toward getting that to
> work.

Currently that is not possible in the FTC. You need to talk to Bob
about that one.

Note, in the demo in the TestWindow there is a menu handler called
"HelpTest" which you can use to test out things before you build a
complex infrastructure in your app.

----

Brendan Murphy
True North Software