Re: request help with FTC

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 20:05:31 -0500

Roger Clary wrote:
> One last question (for now!). What does the argument "calculate offset" as
> boolean do? I see it in several methods.
When you set the insertion point, the FTC needs to calculate where
the insertion point will be physically displayed on the screen. So
when you move the insertion point, you can force this calculation.
Most of the time you don't want to do this calculation because you
are doing logical manipulations of the data and you don't care
where it will be displayed until the very end. So in general you
will set this to false.

----

Brendan Murphy
True North Software