[frgeek-michiana] Re: Warehouse Report

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:15:53 -0500

Hardinfo
http://hardinfo.berlios.de/HomePage

I don't think hardinfo is bootable so you would need a live CD with hardinfo installed. Perhaps DSL live, RescueCD or Slax could be a base, the lighter the better. I'm not sure how hardinfo reacts to proprietary OS's.

If you want to see hardinfo in action, boot up VL 6.0 Std, click on Menu > System > System Profiler and Benchmark. Or check out a screen cast at http://wiki.hardinfo.org/Screencast.

Tom

Chuq wrote:
Well tonight was a pretty good night.. Present were Phil, Dan & Chuq. Kevin stopped by with a donation of 2 hard drives.
Dan hung the lights over the deman table.
Dan, Phil and myself searched for mice, and we found some.. found more that were ball-less though! Phil & I started sorting through stuff.. We have a gaylord that is declared Ebay for everything that we are not going to use. Phil & I started sorting through the optical drives and getting those organized.
We then started working on hard drives.
We managed to locate the VL 5.9 disks and the deban disks, so we now have 6 sets for the load table. I am going to look into the floppy disk assest manager program that has been tossed around the board for a while (hint if Mike or anyone else has the link readily available please send it) so we can start cataloging the systems.
We need some more volunteers! We are ready to start loading.
Ideally I think we need 1 person on loading, 2 or 3 on deman and 2 or 3 on organizing and possibly another to go through some of the stuff in the storage area. So if anyone knows of some people ready and willing to volunteer we sure could use them!

Chuq

Ohh BTW we need some TP for the warehouse... it seems that someone used the last of it and did not replace the roll!