[frgeek-michiana] Re: Volunteers

  • From: Chuq <chuq00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:04:01 -0500

How ever we go about advertising for volunteers I think the biggest
thing for us to do is to make sure that they contact Goose or myself
first so we can make sure that we do not have an over abundance of
people on one night and none on the next, plus we don't want 18 people
showing up at one time on any given night.. just too many new faces for
us to supervise.
I am trying to get a Google voice number for people to call so that way
I can return their calls, and also leave some information on the voice
mail about it, but unfortunately the 574 area is quite expansive and I
am not finding anything that is "local" I am finding numbers for Royal
Center Galveston Logansport Akron  Walton which are all 574 it is just
that they may be faced with a toll call but most people have a cell
phone anyways. Plus we can give them an email address to reply to. I
feel that is going to be the best bet. You know we can only go so far to
make things easy on the people if they have to incur a small charge to
get the info then that is what it  will have to be. I will grab a number
and post it when it is ready, and Goose if you could make us up an email
address say volunteer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and give you and me access to
it (and anyone else who would need it to field volunteers) or maybe have
that email automatically forward the messages to us.
 Let me know before I pick a phone number if that sounds good to you..
The Flier once it is made can say Call, Email, or TXT us at and then
give the appropriate info..

Just a thought. Once we make actual contact with the people we can then
tell them the location of the building. On the flier we can put in the
days and time and say that we are near Downtown South Bend, and Bus
accessible.

If someone wants to work on a rough draft of the flier and send it to us
that would be great! We can always fill in the information needed.
Printing should not be an issue, Goose has the printer at the warehouse
ready to go I believe. I think we still need to find th color printer,
which probably would be a nice thing to use for the fliers.

Chuq