[frgeek-michiana] Re: Tuesday

  • From: Mark Neddeau <mln3768@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 04:47:26 -0800 (PST)

Not at all sure if either of these iseas have any merit at all, but, here
goes...Is it possible to compile the Kiosk LiveCD with either Opera or Google
Chrome? I am not sure of the size of the footprint as compared to Firefox, but
am almost sure Opera is at least SOMEWHAT smaller, and handles most all
webpages, once adobe flash and Shockwave are properly integrated...the newest
(10.0, or something) SAYS they are included wiith install, but I have had
hitches that suggest it is not ALWAYS incorepated properly. I KNOW that Google
chrome should be a far deal smaller, but have almost NO expierience with it,
except, FOR me, It is just confusing enough for me to stick with Opera. Also,
it Claims to be a "Web- Base OS"...and that was where most of my confusion
stems from.....Anyway, hope this might help.