[frgeek-michiana] Re: Ubunto

  • From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 07:41:31 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I forgot that due to copyright restrictions you have to build the UBCD4Win iso yourself by slip-streaming files from your Windows XP install disk since the UBCD4Win uses the Windows PE (Pre-install Environment). Personally I have found the UBCD (w/o Windows) to be more versatile. I never had any problem with version 4.1.1. Did you check your md5 checksum?

Mike

From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 3:52 PM

I would verify the problem with a bootable cd like:

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ or
http://www.ubcd4win.com/

That will make sure the problem isn't in the upgrade. If you don't find a problem with the disk you may need to roll back the upgrade. I have heard that Ubuntu 9.01 has some problems with incorrect counts of disk errors causing false drive warnings, even with SSD devices. It may be a problem with some drive manufacturers not following published standards.

Mike