[frgeek-michiana] Re: Ubunto

  • From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:52:00 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I would verify the problem with a bootable cd like:

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ or
http://www.ubcd4win.com/

That will make sure the problem isn't in the upgrade. If you don't find a
problem with the disk you may need to roll back the upgrade. I have heard that
Ubuntu 9.01 has some problems with incorrect counts of disk errors causing
false drive warnings, even with SSD devices. It may be a problem with some
drive manufacturers not following published standards.

Mike