[frgeek-michiana] Re: Tuesday

  • From: chuq <chuq00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:15:50 -0500

I came across this link for Kiosks
http://alain.coron.free.fr/WCUFreeInternetAccess/index.html I know that
3BTech uses knoppix kiosks at their store for looking up products on
their website. You are able to go to other websites, but you cannot
access the rest of the system. Also if you close seamonkey or firefox
(whichever one they are using) it actually reboots the system. (can be a
good and a bad thing) But that maybe be an option for doing kiosks. That
link has detailed instructions on how the guy remastered Knoppix for
2003 World Congress on Ultrasonics. So it may be a good viable solution.
Maybe Marc could get the info or something about the solution that they
used at 3Btech.

Chuq