[frgeek-michiana] Re: Move warehouse this Saturday

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 17:55:16 -0400

Present: Dale, Chuq, Imre, Richard, Dan, Tom.

We started later than we had planned but still moved everything, except one gaylord, by 4:30 PM. It was tiring but satisfying work. We are taking the week off to rest so there are no warehouse sessions this week.

Bob Betz referred us to a salvage company which had used pallet jacks. Dale and Dan took $100 petty cash from our general account and bought two. Those extra pallet jacks made the difference. The round trips from Chippewa to SBWD were faster than we had estimated. Goose stayed at the SBWD site and moved pallets against the wall in our cold storage area while the rest of the crew loaded the rental truck and Dale's pickup at Chippewa. The forklift at Chippewa was too tall to get in the rental truck so we used the third pallet jack to load the truck.

Imre and Chuq closed their shop on Saturday to help. Great job everyone.

Tom

Tom Brown wrote:
I will have the rental truck at Chippewa by 8:30 AM on Saturday morning, maybe a little later. Dale will bring his pickup truck so we can purchase two used pallet jacks at 10:00 AM. Dale and another volunteer will get the used pallet jacks because it takes 2-3 people to lift the jacks to the truck bed.

[Dale: Please bring rope or strap to tie down the pallet jacks so they don't bang around in your truck bed.]

Volunteers will break for lunch, on FGM's dime, when enough folks are hungry. SBWD closes at noon on Saturday. I have a door key and the alarm code so we can work until we are done. If volunteers need an evening meal, FGM will pay for that too.

So far, Goose, Dale, Chuq, Dan and I plan to do the move. I don't know how long everyone can stay so we could be short handed at some point.

Tom

Tom Brown wrote:
I assume we will start loading the rental truck at Chippewa around 9:00 AM, but possibly earlier, this Saturday. Once I find out when I can pick up the rental truck, I can make a final announcement. I also need to purchase two used pallet jacks ($50 ea.), if possible, so we can unload the truck more quickly at SBWD.

If we don't finish the job on Saturday, we will continue on Sunday since the truck can be returned anytime before Monday morning.

PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it to be in the public domain.

PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it to be in the public domain.