[frgeek-michiana] Re: Lab Notes 2005-11-08

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:57:54 -0500

At 01:33 PM 11/10/05, Richard Zimmerman wrote:

-snip -

4. NICs

The consensus is to buy identical network interface cards which work well with LTSP, 3Com905-tx is a low cost favorite at about $3 each or less on the surplus market. This would leave our stock to distribute to volunteers who want broadband in their FreeBoxes. Goose is the lone dissenter.
Correction here... My comment was why buy the 3Com905-TX's when we already have enough of them in stock to supply the lab. Today's price on the 3Com's is $1.88 with 177 in stock on www.txmicro.com

Part of my thinking is our funding organization for this project (United Way) is unlikely to grant us more money until we spend down our current grant and show benefits to the target community. Jodi and Nick are anxious that we spend the money soon. I apologize for not saying this last Tuesday.

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>