[frgeek-michiana] General liability insurance problem

  • From: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:44:02 -0400

Apparently, Abe at SBWD thought FGM had general liability (GL) insurance.
Yesterday, I got the alarm code and started the process of obtaining a key
in anticipation of the move Saturday. Abe asked about GL. I said we don't
have GL. Abe requires a minimum of $1 million U.S.D. in GL coverage for
tenants; he prefers $2-$3 million.

I called my insurance agency this morning and asked the small business unit
for a quote for FGM. As yet, I've not heard back from them. And, I'm not
sure Abe will let us move our inventory, even temporarily, until we have the
insurance. I left a detailed message with Abe's secretary and a voice
message on his cell phone asking whether we can store our material
temporarily without GL.

I have a meeting with Rami at LangLab tomorrow to discuss access, alarms,
security, bathroom and insurance. I believe GL is included in the CAM fee at
LL, but I will seek clarification. I hope to see Abe tomorrow as well.