[frgeek-michiana] Re: General liability insurance problem

  • From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:01:15 -0400

Tom Brown wrote:
Apparently, Abe at SBWD thought FGM had general liability (GL) insurance.
Yesterday, I got the alarm code and started the process of obtaining a key
in anticipation of the move Saturday. Abe asked about GL. I said we don't
have GL. Abe requires a minimum of $1 million U.S.D. in GL coverage for
tenants; he prefers $2-$3 million.

I called my insurance agency this morning and asked the small business unit
for a quote for FGM. As yet, I've not heard back from them. And, I'm not
sure Abe will let us move our inventory, even temporarily, until we have the
insurance. I left a detailed message with Abe's secretary and a voice
message on his cell phone asking whether we can store our material
temporarily without GL.

I have a meeting with Rami at LangLab tomorrow to discuss access, alarms,
security, bathroom and insurance. I believe GL is included in the CAM fee at
LL, but I will seek clarification. I hope to see Abe tomorrow as well.

GL insurance for the rented area is almost always the responsibility of the tenant. The landlord carries GL insurance for the common areas of the building.

btw I am back in town.

Mike.