[freelists-users] Re: Old bug...

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:46:20 -0700 (MST)

On Mar 12, the keyboard of John Madden emitted this:

>Given the usually-slow development of the product, and the recent attitude
>of the developers, I'm thinking about evaluating other packages or writing
>our own.

Well, two possibilities: One is ezmlm, which I think is GPL, or at least
"open source". I think tho, it only works with Qmail, but I could be
mistaken. Yahoo groups runs on ezmlm, tho it's modified beyond
recognition. But, if it can handle something as big as YG...

The other is Majordomo. It's not a very sophisticated list manager, but
it's written in Perl, so it can be modified and extended to suit.

Can't think of anything else offhand...

-=Brian=-
rm -rf /bin/laden