[freelists-users] Re: Old bug...

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ericcvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 09:49:10 -0500

I agree Majordomo was bad. I could get my ISP to setup digest because they
had to setup another list and was time consuming. I could not black list
anyone, and I had a user that I could not get rid of they was raising heck.
e-groups is ok if you don't mind the ads and constant down time. I like
Listar the best, and would not move from a non-listar host. Freelists has
had minimal down time. (ISP moving, ISP backbone closing (My company was
affected too (Rhythms)). Also with Majordomo and Flash.net had more down
time and Flash.net message turnaround wasn't that great.

I am staying with Freelists. They use a better product, stable server(s),
willingness to help (Not flakey like Flash.net) (eGroups you had to wait
days for a response.)

Eric Vogel