[freelists-users] Re: Archive your list at Yahoogroups

  • From: Linda Johnson <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 00:31:42 -0400

I agree with Kari.  My whole point in leaving yahoo was to get my list
members away from the spam, anti-privacy stuff, etc.....so why would I
then encourage them to use the yahoo archives and files sections?

I moved my files over to smartgroups.com (I find them to be more
reliable than Topica) and I downloaded ALL of my yahoo archives (what a
job THAT was), then I got fancy with Word's Find/Replace and cleaned out
all the yahoo garbage and converted them to text files which I zipped
and parked in our files section at smartgroups.

I only wish some of the other good groups I belong to would leave yahoo.
I hate even being a member there anymore.

Linda
Publisher ~ ABC ~ All 'Bout Computers
Owner ~ Linda's Computer Stop
http://personal-computer-tutor.com