[freelists-users] Re: Archive your list at Yahoogroups

  • From: "Kari" <kari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:12:23 -0700

As someone who had a very active, long standing group on Yahoo groups I
would strongly advise against Yahoo for anything important. Countless list
owners at Yahoo, like myself, have had their communities completely deleted
without reason or apology.

Everything -- gone!

Now I'm using Topica to keep my archives and have no complaints. They do a
great job of keeping the archives, they are easy to delete and it also
digests them.

I am boycotting all Yahoo! services. The moment you sign up for your Yahoo
ID your email goes on the marketing list (meaning it's already been shot out
into the world) by time you can get in and change your options. I tested
this with a unique email address.

Kari