[freefalcon-developers] FreeFalcon OpenSource - Legal aspects

  • From: Peter Meyer <pmvstrm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: freefalcon-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 12:43:06 +0100

Hi @ALL

I think we should talk about the Legal aspects of our Project, so we can dogde any
greedy attemp from someone who will sue us.

First of all:
The Legal Situation is not clear. I think where should refactor our Codebase as soon as possible to get rid of the old Codebase.On the new Code no one other then the FreeFalcon OpenSource Community has the Rights and no one else. I think we should
go this Way but iam absolutly open for a open talk about the problems.

Replacing Propetary Thirdparty and blackboxed Libs:
As discussed with Vinny earlier, we should remove all binding to Thirdparty
stuff wich is not Open Source or FreeSoftware (the GNU Definition of FreeSoftware). The Main License we distributing the Binaries and the Sourcecode Packages are the BSD OpenSource License (like PostgreSQL and many other famours OpenSoruce Projects) so we have allways to be carefull with other Licences who may conflicting if we use
foreing Code.

Just my opinions,
Greetings, Peter