[freefalcon-developers] Re: FreeFalcon OpenSource - Legal aspects

  • From: Peter Meyer <pmvstrm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: freefalcon-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:18:21 +0100

Hi Ian,
We defenetly removing it. In my Opinion Atari has a hugh profit in Supporting this movement. If all the rewriting is done, Atari has no special Rights anymore. Our self written Code is our self written Code. But if Atari wish, they can use our Knowlege and this is a big pro for
Atari, LeadPersuit and the whole Falcon Movement.

Peter

Am 18.01.2013 10:55, schrieb Ian lennon:
Really, the only owner of the code base is ATARY, no? and Owners of additional Code, Art and DataBase must be his developers if they dont sign any agreement with FreeFalcon or others, so ATARY at least, can say when they like, Hey delete the source from an open place and....
Or not?  am I in an error?
Cheers.
2013/1/17 Peter Meyer <pmvstrm@xxxxxxxx <mailto:pmvstrm@xxxxxxxx>>

    Hi @ALL

    I think we should talk about the Legal aspects of our Project, so
    we can dogde any
    greedy attemp from someone who will sue us.

    First of all:
    The Legal Situation is not clear. I think where should refactor
    our Codebase as soon
    as possible to get rid of the old Codebase.On the new Code no one
    other then the
    FreeFalcon OpenSource Community has the Rights and no one else. I
    think we should
    go this Way but iam absolutly open for a open talk about the problems.

    Replacing Propetary Thirdparty and blackboxed Libs:
    As discussed with Vinny earlier, we should remove all binding to
    Thirdparty
    stuff wich is not Open Source or FreeSoftware (the GNU Definition
    of FreeSoftware).
    The Main License we distributing the Binaries and the Sourcecode
    Packages are the
    BSD OpenSource License (like PostgreSQL and many other famours
    OpenSoruce Projects)
    so we have allways to be carefull with other Licences who may
    conflicting if we use
    foreing Code.

    Just my opinions,
    Greetings, Peter