[freefalcon-developers] Google Test and Doxygen and Memoryleaks

  • From: Peter Meyer <pmvstrm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: freefalcon-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:16:05 +0100

Hi @ALL

** Not implemented yet**

Code Docs Generator Doxygen:
For automated Sourcecode Documentation (like JavaDoc) we are using the OpenSource Tool Doxygen. It produces a set of HTML Files and and Sourcecode Comments to get an usefull Class and Function Documentation (Needed Params, Constructors, Dependencies ect).

** Not implemented yet**

Unit Testing Google Unit Tests:
For automated Tests i evaluated Google Tests. Its a very Powerfull tool to test all Functions of a native C/C++ Project. In the Long run, it will help us a lot to improve the Codequality.

** Not implemented yet**

Right now i was not able to find an Solution thadt can automaticall detect and find unsafe Code and Memory leaks, but there are a lot of Leaks i gues we have to care about. Just right now i use the Intel Parallelstudio 13 (Properitary and pretty much expensive) - the Memory Inspector who is really good. Maybe if we reach the GCC Compiler Side, we can use
Valgrind or something diffrent and OpenSource.

I hate to walk in the Snow... but i need something to cook:-)

Cheers Peter