Part wanted

  • From: Max Braude <skybird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pens@xxxxxxxx, fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 08:49:55 +1000

All the writings about Parker service.......................or lack
thereof...........

I actually got though to some friendly ladies at Sanford, but the workshop was
closed for the night.
Got a call back the next morning.
So far so good.

I always write about mint, uninked pens and that's how my collection works.
Now I have recently acquired some additions to my modern duos and these are the
Mk l (or Mark ll to purists).
Many came without the medallion as you could get initials to fit at the top of
the cap instead and I have two of these.

My question to Parker is do they have either the duo medallion (flat one) or
initials.  No initials but the medallion is available in the correct version.
Great, but now the catch:

1. Pens have to be checked in for repair.

2. They go into the system and it could take a while.

3. No, they do not sell spare parts.

4 $90 for the job.

5. EACH!

Good grief!

So unless there is a friendly person out there who has the parts (either
initials or the decal) or can point me in the right direction, these pens will
remain completely MIB  ;-))

Keep the Blue Flag flying high

Max Braude
skybird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.