Re: [foxboro] Windows Server 2K3 script problems **REDUX**

  • From: Jeremy Milum <jmilum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:39:54 -0500

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Ricardo Abech <abech@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is what I would do:

Thanks Ricardo. After some more testing I don't think perl is my
problem anymore as I stopped the perl script and I am still having the
same issue, but I am still running a bourne shell script via cron.
perhaps the issue is with running scripts in cron altogther and I need
to use the windows scheduler instead.

Also I only get the error I listed earlier when I try to launch
programs from the main Foxview window (the boot one). I decided to
kill it and have it restart, well then it threw the Visual C++ error
and would start (killing the Visual C++ box just caused it to pop up
again). I was able to launch Foxview manually from Windows Explorer
and that one acted fine.

I waited a couple of hours and then killed the Visual C++ error box
again and the original FoxView then started up fine..... very weird.

It's maddening that running scripts in cron causes this problem.
Speaking of that, even though my script seems to work fine, it does
cause an event log message. It is a simple omsetimp script, but here
are the details:

--------------------------------
the two omsetimp commands in the script (there are quotes around the
string in the script, but they don;t carry over into the log file)

+ /opt/fox/bin/tools/omsetimp -f 1084.21856 LIMS:LIMS1.RI0001
+ /opt/fox/bin/tools/omsetimp -s S=14-APR-10 R=16-APR-10 02:00
LIMS:LIMS1.SN0001

and the event log messages:

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   NuTCRACKER 4
Event Category: Console
Event ID:       17002
Date:           4/16/2010
Time:           2:06:01 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       A1AW01
CreateFile() for CONOUT$ failed ([errno=5:"I/O error"]). [omsetimp.EXE
(obj.cpp:463) PID=208 TID=332]

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   NuTCRACKER 4
Event Category: Console
Event ID:       17002
Date:           4/16/2010
Time:           2:06:01 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       A1AW01
CreateFile() for CONOUT$ failed ([errno=5]). [nutcsrv4.exe
(obj.cpp:111) PID=468 TID=5872]

Now this works. the values get written. but these errors get written
twice (for each omsetimp)

Any ideas?
--
Jeremy