Re: [foxboro] Sanity check on Go Global

  • From: "Blunier, Mark" <Mark.Blunier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:10:18 -0600

 RE: [foxboro] Sanity check on Go Global

>Has anybody tried using the free package = TridiaVNC with Foxboro?
>Does it work well over phone line = connections?

We use tight VNC.  I have a Linux box set up to = run the X vncserver,
and a couple of scripts run from init that log into = the AW and
starts the display manager.  Most people use = explorer to view it.
It works surpassingly fast.  Its hard to tell = the difference in speed
between dialup and over the plant Ethernet.

Mark, ask Dave T about it.  He's seen it in = operation when he's been
to the plant.

Mark Blunier
Any opinions expressed in this message are not = necessarily those of the
company.