Re: [foxboro] Sanity check on Go Global

  • From: stan <stanb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:38:45 -0500

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 03:20:03PM -0500, Johnson, Alex (Foxboro) wrote:

> GoGlobal is much faster. We sell it as part of our dialup solution -
> FoxRemote Configurations 1, 2, and 3.
>
> Hummingbird's eXceed works over dialup, but with FV you see significant
> performance hit relative to GoGlobal on a phone line.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Yes, if my assumptions are correct, I can easily see that would be the case
the X protocol is well known to not work on low bandwidth connections. As a
matter of fact I deployed many many years ago, a solution to provide
dialup access to a X based control system using some software (from the
makers of PC/FTP if memory serves).

Given a fast network, is there any advantage of using Go Global?

Also, could you comment on my assumptions?

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin