Re: [foxboro] RE : Barriers to migration to Windows

  • From: "Ron Schafer" <rschafer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:48:53 -0400

>I understand that xcopy will copy files between machines using the >standard=
> MS notation
>xcopy <file> \\<serverName>\<path>

>It can copy sub-directories as well.

I prefer this as it only copies files that have changed on the server. (faster)
Xcopy d:\opt\menus\*.* \\<servername>\ia\opt\menus /s /d
/exclude:d:\opt\customer\data\excl.strings /y /i

The /s = subdirectories
The /d = newer date than today
The /y = don't prompt to overwrite(do it anyway)
The /i = list files being written
The /exclude:<txt_file_name> = file containing directories not to copy

The exclude is because I don't want to distribute a trends directory as I let
the operators customize the look and feel of their trends on each station.
Ever wanted the Mesh stations to all have the same trends? I bet this could be
modified so that when a station closes a trend it copies the trend directory to
all the other stations....hmmmm...somthing to think about.

Ronald G. Schafer
10026 Old Ridge Rd.
Ashland Va. 23009
804-227-4034